YOUR Cost-effective all-inclusive solution for lowering your business’ liability and overhead.

Is Your Employee Eligible For FMLA, CFRA, or NPLA?

Share This Post

Do you have an employee that is looking to take bonding time with a new baby or child?

Is your employee eligible for leave under FMLA/CFRA?Under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA), individuals working for a company with 50 or more employees in a 75-mile radius are eligible for up to 12 weeks of job-protected, unpaid leave if they have worked for the company for a minimum of 12 months and 1,250 hours. Eligible employees have up to a year from the date of birth or placement to take bonding time and may take it in increments as little as two weeks at a time. Within 5 days of their request for leave, employees must be notified by the company that their leave has been approved or denied.

If you do not meet the requirements for FMLA or CFRA as an employer, it is up to the business whether or not to accommodate the employee’s request for unpaid time off, although their position will not be legally protected while on leave.

Do you have additional questions or are you needing required forms for employees requesting leave? Contact Bizhaven at (916) 409-7677 or [email protected].

More To Explore

Workplace Safety

Monkeypox Prevention and Workplace Safety

In light of the recent declaration of a State of Emergency regarding Monkeypox cases in California, Bizhaven interviewed Joel Hockman, COO and Owner of Pucci’s

Hiring Interns
HR Resources

Hiring Interns

What is an internship, and how does it help my business? Is your business wanting to hire an intern, but you’re not sure you fully