What is wage theft? Wage theft is an illegal act of withholding wages from employees.
- No pay at all
- Not paying overtime
- Minimum wage violations
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is in place to enforce that employees receive overtime pay for anything over 40 hours worked per week. A report found by the Economy Policy Institute states that there is approximately $50 Billion is wage theft costs per year.
Here are a few rules to stay compliant with wage theft regulations:
- Do not misclassify employees from exempt from overtime
- Pay overtime when employees work over 40 hours per week
- Pay your employees on time
- Enforce meal and rest breaks
- Pay all wages due without withholding
Feel free to contact our team if you have any questions about wage laws and regulations.