When hiring employees, keeping reasonable accommodations in mind is essential. The ADA requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to allow employees with disabilities the tools and support to be successful in their position.
The term “reasonable accommodation” includes, but isn’t limited to:
* Making existing job facilities used by employees readily accessible to and usable by disabled individuals (this may include providing accessible break rooms or restrooms, or reserving parking spaces).
* Job restructuring.
* Part-time or modified work
* Allowing employees to bring assistive animals to the worksite.
* Changing supervisory methods (e.g., dividing complex tasks into smaller parts).
* Providing additional training.
* Permitting an alteration of when and/or how an essential function is performed.
Bizhaven can partner with you to ensure you’re providing the proper accommodations for your employees.